Doctor of Business Administration (majors)
An Doctor of Business Administration or DBA degree is a highest terminal business-focused degree that provides practical knowledge that can be directly applied in the workplace.
The objective of the Doctor of Business Administration qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance.
This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
The qualification will enable learners to become independent, self-directed learners with tools and motivation to continue learning, developing, and reflecting on practice throughout their careers.
The course aims for the following:
- To enable learners to apply analytical and evaluative techniques to business in private and public sectors.
- To enhance analytical and evaluative skills relating to business across a number of industries.
- To develop the learners ability to recognise and reflect on the process of personal learning and development which facilitates the enhancement of key personal, sociable and other transferable skills.
- To develop the learners ability to formulate and use appropriate methodologies and approaches.
- To ensure the learner understands how to initiate, design and undertake research, development or strategic activities that extend or produce significant change in the field of work or study.
- To ensure the learner can critically evaluate actions, methods and results and their short and long-term implications for the field of work or knowledge and its wider context.
To be considered eligible for this qualification, applicants will need to meet all of the following criteria
- provide proof of a relevant postgraduate degree
- hold a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a business-related subject
- have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- must hold/have held a position at senior management level which is capable of supporting the achievement of the programme learning outcomes, including the professional research project.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop learners’ understanding of strategic management in a globalised world and how leadership informs and influences strategic change. It will also develop ability to evaluate strategic position, choices and actions.
- Develop learners’ understanding of theories and models of change management and how they apply to contemporary organisations in the globalised world. Learners will understand the personal characteristics of change agents as well as the evaluation and development of leadership skills to meet current and future strategic change management roles.
- Introduce some fundamentals of research projects especially from a DBA perspective. It highlights various challenges and bottlenecks faced by researcher in a typical DBA programme and aims to educate participants about the best practices related to management of DBA research.
- Gathering and Analysing data is an integral part of the DBA programme. This module is designed to advance the existing knowledge of research methods and aims to introduce complex research design and advanced methods for analysing and interpreting literature, higher level methods for analysing complex qualitative and quantitative data. There will be special focus on the tools that are available for data analysis and learners will be introduced to a wide range of data analysis tools applicable to business research.
- Enable learners to gain comprehensive understanding about the role of research in solving business problems and develop capabilities to critically evaluate existing body of knowledge to put forward a case for further research.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the effect of legislation, ethics, and global integration on decisions, corporate governance, policies, processes and activities undertaken by organisations.
- Introduce learners to the basics of business processes and strategies related to enterprise and entrepreneurship, developing knowledge of enterprise and entrepreneurship in global contexts.
- Develop learners’ understanding of how the effective strategic management of human resources supports the achievement of organisational objectives in different contexts. Learners will evaluate the contribution of strategic human resource management, and the application of leadership and management theory for organisational benefit.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the concepts and models of effective supply chain and operations management in competitive marketplaces using case studies and real-world industry scenarios. Learners will develop an understanding of operational processes, techniques, planning and control systems.
- Enable learners to apply financial principles relevant to management in an organisational context, including analytical techniques and theories/models of management accounting, evaluation of budgetary processes, recommending funding sources and appraising investment options.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the concepts, methods and technical aspects of strategic marketing and the challenges associated with marketing in today’s business environment, including how a strategy combines product development, promotion, distribution, pricing, relationship management and other elements.
After finish the program, learners could earn:
- OTHM Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice (Accredited & Recognition No. 603/6996/6) and
- Doctor of Business Administration from SIMI Swiss.
|Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Potential||20||100/200|
|Managing Strategic Change||20||100/200|
|Project Development, Planning and Management||20||100/200|
|Advanced Research Design and Methodologies||40||200/400|
|Developing Research Capability||20||100/200|
|Strategic Financial Management||20||100/200|
|Strategic Human Resource Management||20||100/200|
|Entrepreneurship and Innovation||20||100/200|
|Thesis and Defend Thesis||60||300/600|
The Doctor of Business Administration program not require to publish the research article in ISI/SCOPUS Journals or the Academic Journal of Switzerland.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.