MA in Education Management & Innovation Pedagogy
The objective of the MA in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country.
The objective of the MA in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
For entry onto the Master programs, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Provide learners with a thorough understanding of the link between current educational research and practice by developing understanding of educational theory, policy and practice.
- Develop learners’ understanding of ways in which educational leadership and management can provide support during the process of change, developing leadership in the learners’ own educational context.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the importance of managing intercultural communication and perspectives that help to determine educational policy applicable to national and international contexts.
- Develop learners’ theoretical and practical grounding in approaches to teaching and learning, related to subject pedagogic knowledge and pedagogic practices.
- Develop learners’ understanding of reflective practice in order to apply this to their and other’s roles in an educational context, leading planning for personal development.
- Develop learners’ research skills to include understanding different research approaches, formulation of research proposals, planning research activity, analysing and interpreting data, and the relationship between research and evidence based practice.
After finish the program, learners could earn:
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership (Accredited & Recognition No. 603/4248/1) and
- Master of Arts MA in Education Management and Innovation Pedagogy from SIMI Swiss.
The program has a total of 180 credits, 1800 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 800 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice||20||100/200|
|The Management of Educational Change||20||100/200|
|Managing Effective Intercultural Communication and Perspectives||20||100/200|
|Pedagogy and Practice in Education||20||100/200|
|Leading Reflective Practice in Education||20||100/200|
|Research Methods in Education||20||100/200|
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.