Master of Sciences in Accounting and Financial Management
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry, professional accountancy, banking and finance or management.
The objective of the Master of Sciences in Accounting and Financial Management qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of:
- contemporary and specialised approaches to accountancy and finance
- key practical, theoretical and empirical issues, and academic research
- the complexity of the ever-changing legal framework in which the financial sector operates
- the latest developments in accountancy and reporting required by local, national and European government.
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry, professional accountancy, banking and finance or management. The qualification equips learners with the essential skills and knowledge needed to pursue high level careers in all types of organisations in the public and private sector and within industry and commerce, both in the Europe and abroad.
For entry onto the Master programs, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop learners’ understanding of investment theories and market equilibrium models, and includes the requirement to perform bond valuations and evaluate current investment performance. On successful completion of this unit, learners will be equipped with the skills to critically assess the cause and effect of developments on the world’s capital market. Learners will be able to make effective recommendations for future investments.
- Develop learners’ ability to prepare and interpret financial statements for a range of business organisations. Learners will be able to apply relevant accounting concepts and principles. The unit provides an opportunity for learners to enhance their quantitative and qualitative analytical skills through the interpretation of financial data.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the types of decisions that need to be taken when entering global markets. Learners will gain an understanding of why independence in solving financial issues within a specific period of time is vital for business success.
- Develop learners’ understanding of planning and managing the use of an organisation’s financial resources. Learners will understand the importance of attaining business objectives and maximizing shareholder return. Learners will gain a working knowledge of business strategy design and the production of comprehensive business plans.
- Develop learners’ understanding of how managers can position and execute business strategy appropriately. This will involve an in-depth study of the strategic auditing process and related procedures. Learners will be able to understand and apply suitable investigative techniques to both positive and negative environments.
After finish the program, learners could earn:
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance (Accredited & Recognition No. 603/5882/8) and
- Master of Sciences in Accounting and Financial Management from SIMI Swiss.
The program has a total of 180 credits, 1800 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 800 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
|Global Finance and Strategy||20||100/200|
|Strategic Financial Management||20||100/200|
|Business Research Methods||20||100/200|
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.