MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The objective of the MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is to broaden learners’ understanding of logistics and supply chain management and is designed for those who wish to prepare for a first professional role and future career in the field.
The objective of the MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is to broaden learners’ understanding of logistics and supply chain management and is designed for those who wish to prepare for a first professional role and future career in the field. It is also suitable for logistics and supply chain professionals in the early stages of their career looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and move to the next level professionally.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist knowledge and skills needed to further their career as a logistics and supply chain professional as well as the opportunity to embark on further study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the Master programs, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Focusses on the strategic, value adding role of logistics in supply networks. It aims to impart learners with a thorough understanding of key theoretical and operational aspects of managing logistics, specifically transportation, storage/warehousing and packaging. The related considerations for business competitiveness and operational efficiency is emphasised as is the interdependency between operational, technological, and regulatory aspects.
- Provide learners with a thorough understanding of procurement and supply management from a strategic, technological, process and relationship perspective. The goal is to provide insights on the role of procurement within supply chain management, the tools and techniques to assess sourcing options, the negotiation and contractual issues encountered with suppliers, effective supplier relationship management and technological enablers in procurement.
- Develop learners’ understanding, knowledge and skills of sustainable operations management, including key elements of sustainability and their importance to businesses, the business drivers and barriers affecting the move towards sustainability, the different practices across the supply chain that can be worked upon to improve sustainability as well as the performance measures and the business impact of sustainability. A variety of different sectors are explored.
- Develop learners’ understanding of research principles including the formulation of research proposals, literature reviews, referencing, data collection using interviews and surveys, questionnaire design, statistical analysing using SPSS, qualitative data, and methods for drawing conclusions from the analysed data.
After finish the program, learners could earn:
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Accredited & Recognition No. 603/5865/8) and
- Master of Sciences in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from SIMI Swiss.
Supply Chain Planning, Modelling and Analytics
Procurement and Supply Management
Supply Chain and Operations Strategy
Sustainable Operations Management
Business Research Methods
Do you have more questions?
201 S. Grand Ave., 1st Floor New York City, NY 28020
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.